RETURN TO TRAINING – SAFETY PROTOCOLS
SOCIAL DISTANCING and HYGIENE MEASURES-
It is essential we limit the amount of people in our Academy at any one time. The guidelines below are to reassure you that you or your child are as safe as possible. It is apparent that as this dreadful virus continues to diminish some of our restrictions listed below will be eased. However our cleaning regime,15 min break intervals between classes, plus students to train in smaller groups will be something we will continue with.
IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU HAVE A PERSISTENT COUGH, HIGH TEMPERATURE OR LACK OF TASTE OR SMELL.
IF YOU ARE TESTED POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS AND HAVE ATTENDED ANY OF OUR LESSONS YOU MUST INFORM US IMMEDIATELY SO WE CAN THEN CHECK OUR DIGITAL ATTENDANCE REGISTER FOR ANYONE WHO MIGHT HAVE TRAINED WITH YOU DURING THE PAST FEW WEEKS.
We will inform any member if you have been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive and to self isolate for two weeks as per government guidelines. More information is on GOV.UK
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- All students to arrive 5 mins before class, do not arrive early as we will not be able to let you in. Students also need to leave straight after class to avoid any cross over of students in the Academy.
- Only students are allowed in the Academy, parents of the junior members age 7yrs & above are to drop their children at the door where we will then guide them from there. This will be done calmly with plenty of smiles and encouragement. Our car park is directly outside our premises.
Parents of young children 4-6yrs are allowed to enter and sit in the designated area. We are requesting you to limit to one parent/guardian per child. Parent/Guardian of children who are overly anxious or have special needs may enter the premises. Please be reassured that this is all a temporary measure, we have always enjoyed parents and famlies involvement during our classes and the close communication we have with you regarding the progress of your child.
- It is essential all students including adults wear non slip socks or martial arts footwear. Only wear these when you are ready to train on the mat. We will have a supply in stock for sale as emergencies
- On entering there will be a hand sanitiser for all students to use and also additional hand sanitizers are distributed around the Academy including upstairs. There is also hand washing and hand dryers in the toilets as expected.
- There will be a 15 min break between classes giving our team time to clean all areas that have been touched by the previous class. Mats mopped with disinfectant, door handles cleaned, surfaces cleaned etc. Due to this you must arrive on time to pick up your child at the end of class. We will bring your child to the door. Please do not enter the Academy.
- We have created a structured timetable enabling us to have smaller class sizes. All students will have a marker clearly defined on the mat of the space that is allocated to them to enable social distancing. Instructors will remain socially distanced from the students and will wear a mask if this is not possible. We understand that is may be challenging for our very young students however the groups that they are with will be smaller reducing the risk further.
- We have two large matted areas to use for all our sessions. All students will be placed in small groups distanced from another group. They will not mix with the entire group. We will keep the children in the same group each time they train where possible.
- No sharing of equipment is permitted for the time being. If the student requires gloves, shin pads you must buy your own. Most of you have credit accumulated from prior lockdown.
- If possible do not use the toilets unless it’s necessary. Parents ensure your child has gone before they left the house. If anyone needs the toilet it will be cleaned by a member of our team directly after use.
- If you would like to purchase any stock or speak to us regarding payments, credit etc while you are at the Academy, you may enter the premises and go directly to the reception area.
- Our car park is shared with our neighbours UNITED CARPETS. They close at 530pm weekdays therefore you may use the entire car park. However on weekends they are open when we are. Please be respectful by leaving the spaces closest to their unit free for their customers. OUR Staff will be parking at the rear of the premises leaving the maximum space for you. Please note when you enter the car park it is a narrow road, be mindful of the curb when turning.
We will be sending you all a video of the Academy prior to it opening and will do a run through of how it will work. It’s a lot of information to take in and will require your cooperation and understanding during the initial first few weeks of opening.
Our Instructor team will be fully briefed on all these measures including our reception team.
We are looking forward to the days when we are back together in a normal setting, however for now let’s keep safe, keep focussed, and enjoy your training for your mental wellbeing as well as your physical health.
Any questions or concerns please contact us.
Rob and Lena